Navigation: Package maintenance >
Keeping app settings across different machines
You can keep certain settings within an application and take them with you wherever you go.
This can be done in a number of ways:
•When initially installing & packaging the software, any settings you modify before ending the capture, will be kept within the application. Example:
• Start the application capture process.
• Install the app you wish to package.
• Run your app and configure it however you wish.
• Finish the capture process.
•While using the app, you can modify your settings and then repackage the virtual app. Example:
• Use your app, configure it as you wish, and close it.
• Run your app with the "-Repackage" parameter (i.e. "MyApp.cameyo.exe -Repackage").
•By putting your virtual app in your Dropbox folder, its settings are synchronized among computers as well. Example:
• Move your app into your Dropbox folder.
• Use it.
• Whenever you go to another machine that has access to your Dropbox account, the savings will be shared as well.